November 20, 2019
*** Spells ***
– Corrected an issue where bards couldn’t interrupt spells if those spells were not originally bard songs.
– Beastlord – Fixed the description for Beramos’ Maelstrom.
– Beastlord – Corrected the description for Akalit’s Feralgia.
– Beastlord and Magician – Fixed a bug where Promised Alleviation was healing you rather than your pet.
*** AA ***
– All – Increased the number of bandolier slots granted by each rank of Battle Ready from 1 to 2.
– All – The First, Second, and Third Spire abilities for each class have been consolidated into a single Spire:
– – Spire abilities that buff the caster’s group have been renamed ‘Apex of _’ while the self-targeted buffs retain the name ‘Spire of _’.
– – Adjusted the buff stacking of all spires to reduce conflicts.
– – Berserker – Changed the name of the spire from ‘Savagery’ to ‘of the Juggernaut’.
– – Cleric – Changed the name of the spire from ‘Divinity’ to ‘of the Vicar’.
– – Enchanter – Increased the maximum level that Bewilderment of Lights, the effect triggered by the doppelgangers summoned by Spire of Enchantment, can mesmerize to 105 up from 88 for ranks 1-24 and to 118 up from 108 for ranks 25+.
– – Monk – Removed the triggered Rising/Waning buffs and included the benefits of the Rising Focus as part of the combined spire buff and increased the melee mitigation percentage of Sensei’s Guard.
– – Necromancer – Tripled the base damage of the pet proc and changed the effect from damage over time to a direct damage lifetap.
– – Paladin – Changed the name of the spire from ‘Holiness’ to ‘Chivalry’.
– – Wizard – Rank 27 of Spire of Arcanum will now reduce the mana cost of spells up to level 115 (up from level 110).
– All – Ranks 1-3 of Mental Fortitude have been renamed Adamant Will for all classes. The functionality of the ability is unchanged.
– – The following classes have their Ranks 1-3 of Adamant Will refunded: bard, monk, paladin, shadowknight, and warrior.
– – Bard – Consolidated Belltone Mind, Fluid March, and The Show Must Go On into a bard specific version of Adamant Will.
– – Monk – Renamed Agile Feet to a monk specific version of Adamant Will.
– – Paladin – Renamed Defender’s Defiance to a paladin specific version of Adamant Will.
– – Shadowknight – Renamed Dreadlord’s Defiance to a shadowknight specific version of Adamant Will.
– – Warrior – Renamed Myrmidon’s Defiance to a warrior specific version of Adamant Will.
– Multiple – AA abilities that extend the duration of damage over time spells have been changed to instead increase the base damage of these spells by the equivalent duration’s worth of damage:
– – Druid – Renamed Extended Maladies to Enhanced Maladies and changed ranks 1-2 to increase base damage.
– – Enchanter – Renamed Lingering Torment to Enhanced Torment and changed ranks 1-2 to increase base damage.
– – Necromancer – Renamed Lingering Death to Enhanced Decay and changed ranks 1-3 to function like ranks 4-7.
– – Shadowknight – Renamed Lingering Death to Enhanced Decay and changed ranks 1-4 to increase base damage.
– – Shaman – Renamed Extended Pestilence to Enhanced Pestilence and changed ranks 1-4 to increase base damage.
– Berserker, Monk, Rogue, Warrior – Adjusted the buff stacking on Killing Spree to better coexist with Group Guardian of the Forest.
– Berserker, Monk, Ranger – Increased the duration of all ranks of Silent Strikes from 30 seconds to 1 minute.
– Enchanter, Magician, Wizard – Changed all ranks of Arcane Whisper to reduce your target’s hatred for you when the ability is activated rather than splitting the effect over 24 seconds.
– Enchanter, Magician, Wizard – Consolidated Dimensional Shield and Dimensional Instability into a single ability line named Dimensional Shield that grants melee guard in one buff and a defensive jolt and hate reduction modifier in a second buff. The random teleportation component of this ability has been changed to a backwards directional teleport that will trigger up to 6 times when you are struck in combat.
– Monk, Paladin – Increased the duration of Purified Protection I, the buff triggered from Blessing of Purification, Purification, and Purify Body, from 30 seconds to 1 minute.
– Necromancer, Shadowknight – Increased the healing values for all ranks of Harmshield and added an additional rank at level 110.
– Bard – Increased the melee damage and critical melee damage modifiers for all ranks of Fierce Eye.
– Bard – Changed Tune Stuck In Your Head from an activated ability to a passive ability and rescaled the existing ranks between levels 71-106.
– Bard – Removed the self damaging component from all ranks of Hymn of the Last Stand and added an effect to improve the caster’s armor class soft cap.
– Bard – Removed all ranks of Focus: Denon’s Dirge of Disruption and moved the effects of this ability line to the equivalent ranks of Focus: Brusco’s Burning Call.
– Beastlord – Changed all ranks of Pact of the Wurine to be no-dispel and to persist through death.
– Beastlord – Adjusted the buff stacking on Frenzy of Spirit to better coexist with Group Guardian of the Forest.
– Berserker – Changed all ranks of Agony of Absolution to instantly consume 10% of the caster’s maximum health and cure detrimental effects rather than requiring the caster to avoid cure spells for 18 seconds before triggering.
– Berserker – Increased the additional 2 handed hit chance on rank 3 of Desperation from 1% to 5%.
– Berserker – Focus: Axe of Numicia has been renamed Focus: Axe of the Aeons and now improves the base damage of both the Axe of Numicia and Axe of the Aeons combat ability lines.
– Berserker – Changed Juggernaut Surge to scale the minimum per hit damage based on the delay of your attack and adjusted the value for all ranks.
– Berserker – Consolidated Throwing Mastery, Juggernaut’s Mastery of Throwing, and Juggernaut’s Weapon Mastery into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Juggernaut.
– Berserker – Adjusted the mechanics of Untamed Rage to simplify its functionality and ensure the effects of the buff last for its full intended duration:
– – Rather than ranks 1-3 reducing armor class and ranks 4+ consuming health, all ranks now uniformly consume 1% of your maximum health every 6 seconds.
– – Rather than ranks 5+ applying an initial buff that is overwritten in stages (Azia, Beza, Caza, Dena, Ena) the initial buff placed on you will last the full duration of the intervening stages (30 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on rank) before triggering the 30 second self-refreshing stage of the buff.
– – The benefits granted by the initial stage of the buff and the self-refreshing component are now approximately equal to the power of what was previously the highest stage of the buff.
– Berserker – Adjusted the mechanics of Reckless Abandon to simplify its functionality and offer a more consistent experience:
– – Changed all ranks to provide a consistent melee accuracy and damage bonus for 1 minute as a single buff rather than a scaling bonus over multiple buffs.
– – Removed the required cure/penalty component of the ability and changed all ranks to consume 10% of your maximum health when activated and 2% of your maximum health every 6 seconds for its duration.
– – Adjusted the stacking on the ability to better coexist with other disciplines that increase melee damage.
– Berserker – Revamped Juggernaut’s Resolve. Now, rather than reducing incoming melee damage by 10-20% and reducing the caster’s outgoing melee damage by 20%, this ability will consume 5% of the caster’s maximum endurance and reduce all incoming damage by 10-20% while consuming 5% of the damage absorbed as endurance.
– – Ex: If attacked for 1000 damage, rank 2 will reduce the incoming damage by 200 points and consume 10 endurance.
– Cleric – Bestow Divine Aura Azia has been changed to a self-targeted ability named Divine Aura with dramatically increased healing values for all ranks. Additional ranks have been added to scale from level 59 to 110.
– Cleric – Bestow Divine Aura Beza has been renamed Bestow Divine Aura and has had its reuse time reduced to match the recast time of the now self-only AA ability Divine Aura. Increased the healing values for all ranks and added additional ranks to scale from level 59 to 110.
– Cleric – Infusion of Holy Light, the bonus damage component of Turn Undead, now has a 100% chance to deal critical damage.
– Cleric – Yaulp (Lesser) has been renamed Yaulp and has been changed to cast the highest rank of the equivalent level Yaulp spell that you have scribed. Additional ranks have been added and existing ranks have been rescaled between levels 76 and 106.
– Cleric – Removed the cast time from rank 1 of Sanctuary and dramatically increased the healing offered by all ranks to better allow this ability to fill its role as a survival tool.
– Cleric – Removed the cast time from all ranks of Blessing of Sanctuary, increased the range of this ability from 100 to 200 feet, and dramatically increased the healing offered by all ranks.
– Cleric – Increased the duration of Channeling the Divine from 12 seconds to 5 minutes and modified the ability to focus up to 10 twinheals.
– – The healing components of your Awecrash, Sound of Fury, and Celestial Contravention lines of spells are included at the cost of increasing the base spell’s cost by 50%.
– Cleric – Consolidated Vehement Recompense to be ranks of Recourse of Life:
– – Improved the healing and rune offered by all ranks of Recourse of Life and changed all ranks to trigger off of either direct damage or stun spells within a 10 level range of the equivalent rank’s expansion level cap.
– – The protection offered by this ability now guards against both spell and melee damage.
– Druid – Reduced the initial reuse time and hastening of Nature’s Fury so that the ability now starts with a 30 minute reuse timer (down from 45 minutes) and scales to a 20 minute reuse timer (down from 21 minutes).
– Druid – Adjusted the buff stacking on Wrath of the Wild to better coexist with other buffs that grant defensive procs.
– Druid – Blessing of Tunare now has a 100% chance to critically heal its targets.
– Druid – Consolidated Spirit of the White Wolf and Spirit of the Black Wolf into a single ability named Spirit of the Great Wolf that combines the benefits of each form.
– Druid – Consolidated Group Spirit of the White Wolf and Group Spirit of the Black Wolf into a single ability named Group Spirit of the Great Wolf that combines the benefits of each form.
– Druid – Reduced the reuse time of Season’s Wrath from 5 minutes to 1 minute and extended the duration of this ability from 24-30 seconds to 1 minute for all ranks. Adjusted the expansion and level that each rank is obtained in to more closely match the ranger ability line Elemental Arrow.
– Druid – Removed all ranks of Peaceful Spirit of the Wood and Peaceful Convergence of Spirits. The standard (non-peaceful) versions of these abilities have been changed to trigger an additional blockable damage shield buff named Spiritwood Spikes.
– Druid – Added additional ranks to Dire Charm that allow animals to be charmed without the chance to break for up to 6 minutes.
– Druid – Made the following changes to Storm Strike and Fire Storm:
– – Storm Strike has been renamed Nature’s Bolt and has had its damage changed to be consistent regardless of the target’s health.
– – Fire Storm has been renamed Nature’s Fire and has had additional ranks added to match behavior of Nature’s Bolt.
– – An additional ability line has been added named Nature’s Frost that mirrors the other two ability lines.
– – Each of the three abilities now has a unique reuse timer as well as a mana cost.
– Enchanter – Refunded all ranks of Soothing Words as the ability was found to be unnecessary.
– Magician – Consolidated Heart of Ice and Heart of Stone into a single ability named Heart of Froststone and increased the total damage this ability can absorb for all ranks.
– Magician – Consolidated Heart of Flames and Heart of Vapor into a single ability named Heart of Skyfire.
– Magician – Consolidated Elemental Form: Air, Earth, Fire, and Water into a single ability line that combines the benefits of each form.
– – Note: There is currently a bug that will be fixed in the December update that prevents Elemental Flames and Elemental Earth from triggering as expected from the combined ability.
– Magician – Increased the initial healing for all ranks of Second Wind Ward and adjusted the buff to better coexist with Companion’s Aegis.
– Magician – Focus: Fickle Conflagration has been renamed Focus: Capricious Fire and now includes the Chaotic Fire line of spells.
– Magician – All ranks of Elemental Conversion have been changed to return 33% of the damage dealt to your summoned pet as mana rather than returning mana as a separate spell effect. The health/mana values for each rank are unchanged.
– Monk – Increased the value of ranks 4+ of Combat Fury.
– Monk – Added a small critical melee chance modifier to all ranks of Ton Po’s Stance.
– Monk – Removed all ranks of Improved Step Pattern and moved the effects of this group to the equivalent ranks of Improved Synergy.
– Monk – Consolidated Disciple of the Tonfa and Disciple of the Katori into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Katori.
– Necromancer – Added ranks to Dire Charm that allow undead creatures to be charmed without the chance to break for up to 6 minutes.
– Necromancer – Removed all ranks of Focus: Vollmondnacht Orb and moved the effects of this group to the equivalent ranks of Focus: Impose for Blood.
– Necromancer – Changed Gift of the Grave to be a toggled passive ability so that its incoming direct damage absorption will persist as a permanent buff if the ability is enabled. The zombie illusion component of this ability has been removed and will instead apply to the caster when activating any rank of the AA ability Dead Man Floating.
– Paladin – Changed Heroic Leap to generate hatred on up to 8 opponents centered around the target you leap toward. Added additional ranks and improved the reuse time of this ability from 2 minutes to 90 seconds.
– – Note: The ability will currently cause you to land directly on your target when activated. This will be corrected in the December update, instead allowing you to land more safely in front of your target.
– Paladin – Increased the healing values for all ranks of Divine Aura and Bestow Divine Aura and added additional ranks that scale from level 85 to 110.
– Paladin – Refunded all ranks of Yaulp (Lesser) and modified ranks 10+ of Divine Stun, ranks 7+ of Force of Disruption, and ranks 3+ of Disruptive Persecution to bless you with the equivalent buff now named Knight’s Yaulp. Increased the base duration of Knight’s Yaulp to 1 minute.
– Paladin – Doubled the duration of Valorous Rage, removed the armor class penalty, and added a base melee damage improvement effect to all ranks.
– Paladin – Thunder of Karana no longer shares a reuse timer with Armor of the Inquisitor.
– – Rank 1 is now available at level 100 (down from 105).
– – Removed the critical melee damage and incoming healing benefits, added base spell damage focus, and increased the spell critical damage chance and critical damage modifier effects.
– Paladin – Consolidated Improved Blunted Blade Strike to be ranks 17-21 of Blessing of Light.
– Paladin – Consolidated Two-Handed Bash, Immobilizing Bash, Vicious Smash, and the improved stun effect for bash attacks from Overpowering Strikes into a single ability line named Improved Bash. The resist modifier improvements offered by Overpowering Strikes are now integrated as new ranks of Improved Stuns.
– Paladin – Consolidated Weapon Mastery of the Knight and Valiant Blade into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Knight. This was done by replacing Valiant Blade with ranks of the shadowknight equivalent line Bloodthirsty Blade, resulting in earlier ranks of Weapon Mastery of the Knight now being available to the paladin class.
– Ranger – Consolidated Scout’s Mastery of the Elements to be ranks of Wrath of the Forest Stalker.
– Ranger – Removed the accuracy penalty from all ranks of Outrider’s Evasion and improved the melee damage guard for all ranks.
– Ranger – Adjusted the buff stacking on Group Guardian of the Forest (and Guardian of the Forest for parity) to prevent this ability from conflicting with Frenzied Burnout, Frenzy of the Dead, and Untamed Rage.
– Ranger – Removed all ranks of Frost Arrows and updated Flaming Arrows to include the stun component from Frost Arrows. Changed all ranks of Flaming Arrows and Poison Arrows to deal direct damage rather than direct damage followed by damage over time. Reduced the proc rate on all ranks of Flaming Arrows and Poison Arrows to better space out the damage and mana consumption of these abilities.
– Ranger – Consolidated Glacial Arrow and Volatile Arrow to be ranks of Elemental Arrow. The combined ability line will now increase incoming cold/fire spell and ability damage on your target for 1 minute with a 1 minute reuse time.
– Ranger – The damage shield component of Convergence of Spirits will now apply as a separate blockable buff named Spiritwood Spikes.
– Ranger – Consolidated Archery Mastery, Bow Mastery, Close Combat Mastery, and Scout’s Weapon Mastery into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Scout.
– Rogue – Removed the accuracy penalty and increased the melee damage guard for all ranks of Tumble.
– Rogue – Consolidated Absorbing Agent to be ranks of Twisted Shank. The combined ability now increases your target’s incoming poison damage, reduces the effects of healing, and deals damage for 1 minute with a 90 second reuse time.
– Rogue – Consolidated Dirty Fighting to be ranks of Ligament Slice. The combined ability now directly inflicts blindness, reduces your target’s accuracy, movement rate, and armor class for up to 90 seconds when activated.
– Rogue – Increased the damage modifier for all ranks of Shadow’s Flanking.
– Rogue – Fixed an error with ranks 5 and 6 of Focus: Exuberant Dagger-Throw that prevented Forceful Dagger-Throw from being focused.
– Rogue – Consolidated Assassin’s Weapon Mastery, Rake’s Powerful Aim, and Weighted Strikes into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Assassin.
– Shadowknight – Consolidated ranks 1-5 of Improved Spite of Ronak to be ranks 16-20 of Soul Abrasion.
– Shadowknight – Consolidated Two-Handed Bash, Immobilizing Bash, Vicious Smash, and the improved stun effect for bash attacks from the cleric/paladin ability Overpowering Strikes into a single ability line named Improved Bash.
– Shadowknight – Consolidated Bloodthirsty Blade and Knight’s Weapon Mastery into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Knight.
– Shadowknight – Consolidated Reinforced Malaise and Visage of Decay into a single ability line that combines the direct damage benefits of Visage with the damage over time at increased mana cost benefits of Malaise.
– Shaman – Refunded all ranks of Hastened Decay as the ability no longer provides benefit given the changes made to the base recast time of short duration damage over time spells.
– Warrior – Consolidated Imperator’s Charge to be ranks of Imperator’s Command. The combined ability now grants all benefits of each ability line in a single group buff.
– Warrior – Refunded all ranks of Imperator’s Precision as it was deemed out of character for the types of debuffs available to warriors.
– Warrior – Consolidated Rage of the Forsaken to be ranks of Warlord’s Fury. Reduced the reuse time of this ability from 2 minutes to 90 seconds, increased the initial aggro generated by each rank, adjusted the recourse effects to grant an 80% increase in aggro generation for 18 seconds followed by a 25% increase in combat ability and spell generation for 30 seconds.
– Warrior – Consolidated Merciless Grip and Warlord’s Weapon Mastery into a single ability line named Weapon Mastery of the Warlord.
– Wizard – Renamed Concussive Intuition to Concussion and changed this ability line to cast the highest rank of the equivalent level spell from the Concussive Burst line that you have scribed.
– Wizard – Removed all ranks of Focus: Permeating Magic and moved the effects of this group to the equivalent ranks of Focus: Claws.
– Wizard – Arcomancy, Cryomancy, and Pyromancy have been consolidated into a toggled passive ability named Trifurcating Magic.
– – Increased the chance for fire and ice spells to trigger their additional effects to match magic spells.
– – Increased the hate reduction of Pyromancy to include 2% of your total hate.
– – Changed Arcomancy to apply a buff on the wizard that will increase the damage of your next 5 spells and increased the damage focus amount.
– – Changed Cryomancy to reduce the target’s cold, fire, and magic resists, deal damage, suppress gate spells, and removed Cryomantic Snare.
*** Progression Servers ***
– Fixed an issue that prevented Falmonius from spawning in the Plane of Knowledge when Rain of Fear unlocks.
*** Miscellaneous ***
– Corrected an issue where a player could get stuck unable to cast spells or use items when dying and drinking alcohol.
– Fixed a bug where picking as a group wasn’t properly sending players to the evac point of a zone.
– Addressed a zone stability issue related to buffs / debuffs on NPCs.
– Addressed a client crash if you used a Potion of Disgenderment soon after logging in.
– Addressed a client crash when the game closes.
– Addressed a client crash issue when camping to server select or desktop.
– Addressed a client crash when trying to login from server select.
*** UI ***
– Addressed a crash issue in the UI related to entering character select or running the /loadskin command.
– Added a message when players activate a combat ability, visible to themselves and others.
– – Added a chat filter for others’ disciplines that can turn off these messages, and modified the existing discipline filter so you can turn off your own activate messages.
– Mercenaries will now display their correct name in taunt messages.
– Rank 1-18 of Mana Burn once again will display damage done in the combat log.
– Fixed an issue preventing flash sale items from properly being displayed when they’re started.
– The EverQuest Team