January 20, 2016
*** Highlights ***
– Made many fixes to The Broken Mirror (TBM) items and Phinigel raid instances. See the Items and Progression Servers sections below.
– Corrected a bug that prevented the items that advance progressive spell ranks from being awarded when you complete TBM progression achievements. If you have already completed these achievements, you will be awarded these items the next time you log on. Using any item will grant you the maximum rank you have earned.
– Corpses in Shadowrest are being removed and items will be parceled to players with some restrictions. See the Miscellaneous section below for details.
*** Items ***
– Wither and Decay Hero’s Forge Ornaments will no longer display as the wrong armor type.
– TBM non-bow ranged items no longer have a type 21 ornament slot.
– Updated all TBM level 100+ items’ procs and focus effects to be higher level.
– TBM Warrior, Cleric, Paladin, and Shadowknight armors now have bash skill damage bonuses.
– TBM Rogue armor now has backstab skill damage bonuses.
– TBM belts now grant a +1 potion belt slot.
– Removed the type 9 augmentation slot from the Shield of Dreams. The type 9 slot is intended to be used for scaling equipment and its inclusion on this item was an error.
– Removed the type 21 armor ornamentation slots from a number of non-visible armor pieces that errantly contained them.
– Updated the highest ranks of passive AA effects activated via items found in TBM, such as Expanding Mind, Knowledge of the Past, etc, to function.
– Type 5 augmentations found in TBM now fit into primary, secondary, range, and charm slots.
– Added a type 5 augmentation slot to non-progressive two-handed weapons usable by melee classes found in TBM, in addition to their existing type 4 or type 8 slot. Removed their type 3 augmentation slot.
– Changed non-progressive two-handed blunt weapons usable by casters and/or priests in TBM to consistently have augmentation slot types 3, 5, 8, and 8 for raid weapons and types 3, 4, 5, and 7 for group weapons.
– Increased the armor class values of non-progressive shields found in TBM by approximately 20%.
– Added a type 5 augmentation slot to raid shields found in TBM.
– Changed raid Bard instruments found in TBM to consistently have augmentation slot types 3, 5, and 8.
– Changed non-progressive bows found in TBM to consistently have type 3, 4, 5, and 7 or 8 augmentation slots.
– Renamed Rotbow of the High Bokon to Totem of the High Bokon and changed its graphic and icon to reflect the fact that it is intended to be a ranged armor item and not a bow.
– Added intended modifiers for backstab damage and skill to Rogue usable daggers found in TBM.
– Fixed helmets found in TBM to function as light sources, and fixed helmets (such as the Crypt-Hunter’s) that previously lacked Faerune.
– Fulcrum and Vengeful type 9 augmentations found in TBM now have 42% haste added for Elegant and Stalwart (level 75 and 85) tiers and 43% for Extravagant (level 90) and higher tiers.
– Renamed several painting housing items to be more consistent.
– Corrected Berserker usable gloves found in TBM that did not have throwing damage focus.
– Corrected items found in TBM that were missing proper skill damage modifiers.
– Changed the sympathetic focus of The Staff of Undead Legions to Strike of Flames.
– Added missing focus effects to TBM caster and priest raid weapons.
– Fixed typos of several items that misspelled Vermilion or Desiccated.
– TBM group belts now have 43% haste instead of 37% haste.
– TBM items with visuals can now be placed in real estates.
– Many TBM weapons and held items have had their visuals changed to a more modern, appropriate look.
– Added Illusion Benefit Water Breathing to all items with Illusion Water Elemental on them.
– Deathseeker’s Warmonger Gauntlets now has Battlerager’s Strength
– Modified the spell effects of the following items found in TBM:
– – Removed proc and focus effect spells from all progressive weapons (items that contain type 6 and type 9 augmentation slots), excluding Improved Dodge on bows. Added proc spells, and in some cases focus effects, to type 6 augmentations, in order to provide better scaling.
– – Created new variants of some type 6 weapon augmentations specifically for priests and casters. Weapon augmentations with archetype specific variants can be cycled through the various archetypes via the item conversion feature.
– – Stalker’s Guillotine proc changed from Force of Magic IX to Vampiric Strike IX.
– – Scepter of Dark Dedication proc changed from Hand of Holy Vengeance IX to Alleviating Burst IX, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Force of Magic XIII to Sympathetic Force of Magic XI.
– – High Priestess’ Purifier proc changed from Force of Magic XII to Force of Magic XI, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Strike of Flames XIII to Sympathetic Alleviating Burst IX.
– – Beater of the Teeth proc changed from Calming Strike XII to Force of Magic XIII, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Calming Strike X to Sympathetic Force of Magic XIII.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Strike of Venom XIV from Bureaucracy Cleaver and fixed the proc Strike of Venom XII.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Force of Magic XIV from Adan’s Reach and fixed the proc Force of Magic XII.
– – Added Improved Dodge V to Bow of Hope, Armsman’s Bow, Pestilent Shortbow, and Festering Fusillader.
– – Six Note Blade proc changed from Healing Burst IX to Vampiric Strike X.
– – Blood Fire proc changed from Strike of Flames IX to Strike of Flames X.
– – Spined Dragon Claws proc changed from Force of Corruption IX to Force of Corruption X.
– – Tarantella proc changed from Strike of Venom IX to Strike of Venom X.
– – Bone Razor proc changed from Force of Magic IX to Vampiric Strike X.
– – Interrogator’s Pestle proc changed from Force of Anger VIII to Blessed Rune XI.
– – Likato Fistwraps proc changed from Blessed Rune VII to Vampiric Strike X.
– – Dark Feral Ravagers proc changed from Strike of Flames IX to Strike of Flames X.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Vampiric Strike XII from Soul Leech, Dark Sword of Blood and changed the proc from Vampiric Strike X to Vampiric Strike XIII.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Strike of Flames XII from Monsoon, Sword of the Swiftwind and changed the proc from Strike of Flames X to Strike of Flames XIII.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Burst of Ice XII from Frigid Pike of Isolation and changed the proc from Burst of Ice X to Burst of Ice XIII.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Force of Magic XII from Curtaincaller and changed the proc from Force of Magic X to Force of Magic XIII.
– – Barbarian Spiritist`s Hammer proc changed from Force of Corruption XII to Force of Corruption XIV, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Force of Corruption XII to Sympathetic Force of Corruption XIV.
– – Staff of the Earthcrafter proc changed from Burst of Ice XII to Burst of Ice XIV, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Burst of Ice XII to Sympathetic Burst of Ice XIV.
– – Withered Totem of Widdershins proc changed from Healing Burst XII to Remote Healing Surge XIV, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Hand of Soothing IX to Sympathetic Remote Healing Surge XIV.
– – Terror Condenser of the Faceless proc changed from Strike of Flames XII to Strike of Flames XIV, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Strike of Flames XII to Sympathetic Strike of Flames XIV.
– – Trepidus Evocator proc changed from Strike of Venom XII to Strike of Venom XIV, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Strike of Venom XII to Sympathetic Strike of Venom XIV.
– – Added Improved Dodge VII to Gilded Prodigal Harrier, Prick of Fear, Poignant Pestulator, and Imperial Messenger.
– – Truesight Hammer proc changed from Banish Summoned to Banish Soulless XII, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Burst of Ice XIV to Sympathetic Alleviating Burst X.
– – DawnFire, Morning Star of Light proc changed from Banish Undead to Banish Soulless XII, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Strike of Flames XIV to Sympathetic Invigorating Burst X.
– – Staff of Undead Legions proc changed from Banish Undead to Banish Soulless XIV, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Invigorating Burst VII to Sympathetic Strike of Flames XIV.
– – Evensong proc changed from Calming Strike IX to Burst of Ice X.
– – Increased the proc rank of the following items from X to XI: Feather of the Lady, Sharpened Scale of Emollious, Spike of Lasting Vapor, Feverpitch Martel, Celestial Rotwarder, Shimmering Quill of the Lady, Pallid Billowing Defiler, Sliver of Emollious, and Steaming Mitts of Grannus.
– – Crusty Club of Emollious proc changed from Burst of Ice X to Vampiric Strike XI.
– – Peacock Feather of the Lady proc changed from Strike of Flames X to Vampiric Strike XI.
– – Skinflayer of Boromas proc changed from Blessed Rune XI to Blessed Rune XII.
– – The Incorruptible proc changed from Calming Strike X to Burst of Ice XI.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Force of Magic XIII from Grannus’ Grumblecruncher and changed the proc from Force of Magic XI to Force of Magic XIV.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Strike of Venom XIII from Echo of the First Schism and changed the proc from Strike of Venom XI to Strike of Venom XIV.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Force of Corruption XIII from Malintent and changed the proc from Force of Corruption XI to Force of Corruption XIV.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Strike of Disease XIII from Blightforger and changed the proc from Strike of Disease XI to Strike of Disease XIV.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Vampiric Strike XIV from Zealator’s Ambition and changed the proc from Vampiric Strike XII to Vampiric Strike XV.
– – High Bokon Mangling Staff proc changed from Force of Magic XIII to Force of Magic XV, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Remote Healing Surge XII to Sympathetic Force of Magic XV.
– – Grannus’ Steamcleaner proc changed from Hand of Holy Vengeance X to Remote Healing Surge XIII, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Invigorating Burst XIV to Sympathetic Invigorating Burst XI.
– – Removed the focus effect Sympathetic Vampiric Strike XIII from The Shattering Maw and changed the proc from Force of Corruption XI to Force of Corruption XIV.
– – Fleshburner of Boromas proc changed from Strike of Flames XII to Strike of Flames XIII, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Alleviating Burst XIV to Sympathetic Strike of Flames XIII.
– – Excommunicator proc changed from Force of Magic XII to Alleviating Burst XI, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Surge of Corruption XIV to Sympathetic Alleviating Burst XI.
– – Demagogue’s Crutch proc changed from Hand of Holy Vengeance X to Remote Healing Surge XV, focus effect changed from Sympathetic Invigorating Burst X to Sympathetic Remote Healing Surge XV.
– – Added Sharpshooting VII and Tiny Companion to Blackmarrow Hooks, Oozing Bone Spike, and Shade’s Phase (replaces Knowledge of the Past XVIII).
– – Replaced Knowledge of the Past XVIII on Exalted Earring with Geomantra XVII.
– – Replaced Knowledge of the Past XXII on Trophy of the Scapegoat with Geomantra XXI.
– – Added Sharpshooting IX to Soulcatcher Earhoop and replaced Knowledge of the Past XXIII with Tiny Companion.
– – Replaced Knowledge of the Past XXIII on Sensitizing Thought Orb with Soothing Breath XX.
– – Added Brass Resonance 26 to Preserving Protector’s Helm.
– – Increased the ranks of Form of Endurance on raid masks from XX-XXII to XXII-XXIII.
– – Increased the rank of Form of Endurance on Mask of Immortal End from XXII to XXV and Echo of Anger V on Hardened Mask of Immortal End to VI.
– – Removed right click effects from neck armor. Added Taelosian Guard to Strifetorn Necklace. Added Ancestral Memories III to Tallow-smeared Locket and Deadeye Matrix.
– – Replaced all right click effects on shoulder armor with appropriate ranks of Myrmidon’s Skill.
– – Added String Resonance 26 to Preserving Protector’s Vambraces.
– – Added Cleave VII – 26 (Scaling) to Imbrued Platemail Vambraces and Crypt-Hunter’s Loremaster Vambraces.
– – Removed Cleave from Necromancer, Wizard, Magician, and Enchanter arm armor.
– – Increased the ranks of Illusionary Spikes on raid cloaks from XVIII-XIX to XIX-XX.
– – Replaced all right click effects on range armor and weapons with appropriate ranks of Prismatic Ward.
– – Added Percussion Resonance 26 to Preserving Protector’s Gauntlets.
– – Added Finesse II and Instrumental Combat focuses to Kelins Seven Stringed Lute, Marrow’s Song and Lyssas Darkwood Piccolo.
– – Added the following activated effects to the corresponding instruments. All three instruments share recast timer 3 on a 90 second timer:
– – – Kelin`s Seven Stringed Lute – Ervaj’s Defensive Refrain Rk. III
– – – Marrow’s Song – Aria of Absolution Rk. III
– – – Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo – Fermata of Preservation Rk. III
– – Replaced all right click effects on rings with appropriate ranks of Form of Defense or Knowledge of the Past.
– – Added Fortitude Discipline Duration to Indicolite Breastplate.
– – Added Deflection Discipline Duration to Valorium Chestplate.
– – Reduced the focus Deflection Discipline Duration from raid tier to group tier for Crypt-Hunter’s Soulrender Breastplate.
– – Added Wolf Spirit Duration to Vermiculated Tunic.
– – Added Impenetrable Discipline Quickening and Earthforce Discipline Quickening to Shiverback-hide Jerkin.
– – Added Thousand Blades Quickening to Imbrued Platemail Breastplate.
– – Added Executioner Discipline Quickening to Woven Shadow Chestplate.
– – Added Brutal Discipline Quickening to Shadow Rage Tunic.
– – Added Ferocity XI (Scaling) to Imbrued Platemail Greaves and Crypt-Hunter’s Loremaster Greaves.
– – Removed Ferocity from Necromancer, Wizard, Magician and Enchanter leg armor.
– – Increased the rank of Ferocity on raid leg armor from XII to XIII.
– – Added Secretion of the Mamba to Woven Shadow Greaves, Crypt-Hunter’s Shadowscale Leggings, and Deathseeker’s Shadowscale Leggings.
– – Added Singing Resonance 26 to Preserving Protector’s Boots.
– – Replaced all right click effects on belts with appropriate ranks of Expanding Mind.
– – Special worn effects have been added to tier 2 raid belts:
– – – Runed Belt of Boromas – Sympathetic Force of Corruption X
– – – Emblazoned Belt of Boromas – Boon of the Seeress
– – – Bolstered Belt of Boromas – Tendon Slice
– – – Cured Flesh Sash of Boromas – Overdrive Punch
– – Added Healing Burst X to Runed Flesh Shield of Boromas.
*** Quests & Events ***
– A Rotten Heart – Tweaked a script in attempt to prevent some player clients from freezing when Adana takes cover at the beginning of Phase 3 of her combat.
– Vanquisher of Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay – The first and third achievement components are no longer reversed.
– Bindral Argaff is now interested in many illusion items that he was not previously.
– Made several changes and improvements to the star-crossed lovers quest lines in Hills of Shade.
– – Lumber Run – Lumberjacks and Paul are now PC-friendly while the lumberjack ring event is in progress.
– – Lumber Run – Fixed bug in Paul’s dialogue where he’d say the wrong thing while the lumberjack ring event is in progress.
– – Lumber Run – Paul will no longer despawn if the lumberjack ring event is successful.
– – Save the Child – Texts are more clear to indicate where Fendel is waiting for the player.
– – Testing the Invaders – Added more information explaining where each scouting location is located in the town to the quest text.
– – A mysterious stranger will now correctly tell you which half of the star-crossed Hills of Shade storyline you’re missing if you have completed one half but not the other.
– – The Firebrand item will no longer have a cooldown if used in the wrong location.
– – Defense of the Village – You can now hand in trap components multiple times to the same Kirathas hunter in Hills of Shade.
– Tuned the tasks We Make Our Own Rewards, Fate Rewards the Bold, To the Brave, Go the Spoils!, Lxanvom Labors, and In Defense of Health. Most are changes to reduce the time needed to complete them.
– Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls (Raid) – The Enraged Guardian of Sul will no longer spawn along with the three aspects.
– Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls (Raid) – The aura doom mechanic will now work properly even if one or both of the targets already have an aura.
– Crypt of Sul (Raid and Group) – The boss corpses will no longer remove themselves when the event is successfully completed.
– Crypt of Sul (Raid and Group) – The cleanup on a success or failure should more reliably remove any existing NPCs associated with the event.
– Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls (Raid and Group) – Player corpses will no longer be moved outside and above the world after a successful attempt.
– Plane of Fear: Revisited – The adds from the bosses will now despawn when the events reset.
– TBM instance rares should now announce their presence.
– Fixed the error that was causing the First Impressions Only Happen Once achievement to always be given when defeating Grummus in the group version of the fight.
– In Defense of Health – The chest in one of the tasks was spawning far away from the task’s conclusion location. It has been moved closer.
– Deadline – The enemies will no longer be aggressive to people way, way out of their line of sight.
– To The Brave, Go The Spoils! – Fixed a locked door in one of the adventures that prevented completion of the task.
– The High Bokon Boromas raid is now more challenging.
– All Heroic Adventures in TBM that scale now have experience and coin rewards attached. These rewards will not be visible until completion due to the fact that they could scale up or down during the adventure itself.
– Increased the coin and experience rewards for some TBM missions that have been taking players longer to complete than anticipated.
*** Spells ***
– Berserker – Split the skill damage from Dichotomic Rage into three separate attacks so that no individual hit will exceed the limit for melee damage in one strike. Total damage should remain the same.
– Ranger – Fixed a bug that caused Copsestalker’s Enrichment to fail to affect Berserker abilities.
– Shadowknight – Corrected spell messaging for Dichotomic Fang.
– Warrior – Adjusted Last Stand Discipline so that it will not be overwritten by Night’s Endless Terror.
– Corrected an issue that prevented damage over time spells that increase in severity over their duration from landing if their target had regeneration effects in the same slot.
– Corrected an issue that would sometimes cause group recourse spells to fail to hit members of your group at certain ranges.
– Rabies, everyone’s favorite long-duration low level DoT, will no longer interfere with OOC regen.
*** NPCs ***
– Corrected a spell data problem that made some NPC Shadowknights deal extra damage with Harm Touch.
– Akkapan Adan will no longer summon.
– Merchant NPCs in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay heroic adventures are now combatable.
– Lyndalin Delwadamain, Kamiowe Ordup, and their allies now have something to say about their purpose.
*** AA ***
– Bard – Corrected an issue that prevented Shauri’s Levitation from hitting members of the Bard’s group when using rank 2 of Shauri’s Sonorous Clouding.
– Enchanter – Removed the maximum level that the pet summoned by your Illusory Ally can attempt to taunt.
– Magician – Removed the maximum level that the pet summoned by your Companion of Necessity can attempt to taunt.
– Shaman – Removed the maximum level that the pet summoned by your Spirit of Urgency can attempt to taunt.
– Wizard – Corrected an issue where rank 2 of Beam of Displacement would always be resisted.
– Wizard – In order to provide a better balance between group and raid content, the initial damage of ranks 13-16 of Mana Burn have been adjusted to deal a maximum of 25% of the target’s health, up to the existing damage values.
*** Progression Servers ***
– On Phinigel, characters with loot lockouts longer than 6.5 days should have those reduced to 6.5 days upon logging in. Please log in any affected characters as soon as possible. This fix will need to be removed in a month or two.
– Fixed an edge case that could cause characters to get multiple loot lockouts for the same instanced raid on Phinigel. This seems to only happen in an instance that spawned with no basepop lockout if your first basepop kill included multiple basepop NPCs at once.
– The Agent of Change will no longer send you under the world when you leave the battle with Lord Nagafen.
– The bosses in the Plane of Sky instance will now be the same difficulty as the bosses in the static zone on progression servers.
– Fixed a problem that prevented Master Yael from spawning in his proper instance.
*** Collections ***
– Items for the An Ounce of Fetid Flesh collection in the Crypt of Sul should be much more common. Items for the Putrid Poisons collection in the Crypt of Decay should spawn properly.
– TBM collection items in errands will no longer respawn.
*** Miscellaneous ***
– If you have old stored corpses, go to Shadowrest and loot your items from your corpses now.
– – All remaining items will be parceled to you after this time runs out, but duplicate lore items will vanish. Also, there is a cap of 50 total items in your parcels. Anything above the cap will be erased after you log out.
– You will now again be able to see your current DBC at character select.
– Reduced the amount of aggro that summoned player pets generate via melee swings. A new AA ability named Companion’s Provocative Demeanor has been added to allow summoned companions to generate more than their baseline aggro to coincide with this change.
– Pathing has been updated for Crescent Reach.
*** UI ***
– Changed the claim system so it no longer requires an open top level inventory slot.
– Increased the limit from 30 to 40 for player and pet blocked spells.
– Changed –
*** Previously Updated ***
– The vendors in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay are now combatable while at home and non-combatable while at work.
– Bosses with the Mitigation of the Mighty buff can no longer be charmed.
– Crusader’s Test of the Lord – Goblin Penmaster and Enslaved Iksar are now spawning again in the Frontier Mountains.
– The EverQuest Team